Next, we will explain the best tips to take care of your wood flooring. Does your floor have stains or scratches? Depending on the hardness of the floor and the treatment of the surface, some floors can be damaged more easily.
If you take minimum care of your Wood flooring with the tips that we are about to explain, you will be able to enjoy your floor as the first day for a very long time.
Are there scratches on your floor or parquet?
Regardless the kind of finish that your wood flooring has, chairs and tables marks, pets, shoes etc… will damage it, making it less resistant to humidity and dirt.
The main reasons for this damage are the following:
- PETS. Our pets are part of our family and run around the house freely.
- It is very important to take care of our pets’ nails, because when these get long the leave permanent marks on our floor.
- Shoes. Shoes are one of the elements that we must watch, because regardless the kind of wood that you choose, marks created by high heels in bad shape or small pebbles or sand attached to our soles have an unwanted impact on our floor.
- Use a doormat every time you enter your home in order to get rid of dirt attached to your soles. It is also important to make sure that high heels soles are not deteriorated.
- Placing carpets on areas that are most often transited can be a good idea to protect our floor, but we must keep in mind that the color of your floor may vary due to the direct or indirect solar effect.
- Vacum. Often those areas that are most often transited and clean your floor with a mop in order to avoid unwanted scratches.
- Furniture. Moving furniture can be an enemy that you must watch closely in order to avoid the damaging of our floor.
- It is highly recommendable to protect your furniture feet and legs with felt.
- We must avoid dragging furniture. If the dimensions of the furniture do not allow us to move it easily, we must place a carpet or towels that can help you move drag the furniture without damaging the floor.
Did you spill on your Wood flooring?
If a liquid gets spilled on your Wood flooring, there could be permanent stains, regardless the product you have used to treat it. It is very important to dry the water, coffee, wine, or any other liquid as soon as possible.
- It is very important to dry thoroughly dry the spilled liquid.
- Spray the damaged area with a floor cleaner, specific for wood flooring, with a mop and check if the stain disappears, if it does not, get in touch with a professional as soon as possible, since the damaged area will only get worse with time.
Do you have stains on your Wood flooring?
Nowadays most homes have plants in pots directly placed on the floor. Without realizing it, when we water our plants those pots loose water and it ends up directly on your wood floor, which absorbs it, leaving an unwanted stain on your floor.
- Move the pot and dry the spilled liquid.
- Let it dry and keep the area ventilated for 24 hours.
- If the stain remains after 24 hours, it means that the liquid has already been efficiently absorbed by the wood and you will need to get professional assessment.
Have your kids been drawing on your floor?
Wood is the natural product by excellence to create unique spaces full of warmth and comfort, where our kids can enjoy themselves playing on the floor, but sometimes, they play with crayons, pencils or pens that can get our or their intended canvas.
- Spray the stain immediately with a floor cleaner, rub the stain with a microfiber mop and allow to dry.
- If the stain is still visible you will need to call a professional to get more specific assessment.
- It is highly recommended to make sure the crayons and pens with which our kids play are not permanent.